Sunday, May 16, 2010

Homesteading in an Apartment

So, I have been a bad girl. My better judgment got away from me, and now I have a small rabbitry IN MY APARTMENT. My home now smells faintly of rabbit urine, and I have cages and dried grass bits scattered throughout. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my next rabbit, a doe, and plan to breed her as soon as her quarenteen time is up.

Friends think I am nuts. My husband is a little (alot) apprehensive, and my mom is brainstorming other animals I could keep in my house to complete my new city farm. :)

I am designing a rabbit hutch system which will allow me to have one buck and three does in a small 4x2 1/2 ft space of floor, possibly going up to the ceiling. I am trying to convince my husband that it's not so bad butchering rabbits. My mom used to do it. No one I know thinks I'm even remotely sane in this. Except, of course, my mom. I think that's pretty awsome. And I really don't care what they think, anyhow.

John 10:30 "I and my Father are one."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did I miss? Comment and let me know what you think!