Monday, March 22, 2010

Dresses Only! and Long Hair!

I have converted BACK to being dresses only! I grew up that way, and really feel most comfortable in a dress. The exception may be swimming or gardening. But I will find ways to get around those. :)

So anyways, I really don't have a huge wardrobe anyways, and so taking out the options of pants and shorts is going to limit me a little,  but that's okay. And I want to take it a step further. I feel like my clothes have been anything but modest, and so I am also cutting out things like really low-cut shirts (I have so many of them!) and short dresses (I have a few of those, too).

I have also started to grow my hair long (which I have wanted to do for a long time) and so have stopped using chemicals on my hair and have begun to french braid all the time, to help me stop plating with it. I was reading an article and it really made me think. It said that by the time hair reaches your shoulders (where it's at on me right now) it is already two years old at the ends. That's two years of blow drying, ironing, dyeing, brushing, shampooing, and anything else you do to your locks. No wonder the ends of mine are all frizzy and gross. So, I have decided to treat it like it's a delicate fabric.

note: can you image how dry and brittle your fingernails would be after two years?


Proverbs 31:30
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did I miss? Comment and let me know what you think!