Sunday, March 21, 2010

My First Ever Brand New Pans!


This is my new cooking set. I have waited for years to get new pots and pans, and was so excited when the VERY SET I had my eye on went on sale 50% off! It was originally $90, but we got it brand new, from Fred Meyers for only $45!

And my husband was so kind to get it, I was thrilled. We gave away our old pots and pans, since I didn't want to clutter up my kitchen with scratched up goodwill pans that were never decent condition. They were cheap, but also terrible. The one thing I read, that I wanted to imprint on everyone's minds was, "Low-medium heat settings are sufficiant to preform all cooking tasks. Using a high heat temperature can damage your cookware and void the waranty." Says so right on the care manual. So we all were dutifully amazed that high heat would ruin a stainless steel pan, and we all agreed wholeheartedly that we would have to be very careful to use only the correct temperatures with these brandnew, gleaming pans.

About 15 minutes later My dear hubby started to cook. About 20 minutes after that, I noticed the kitchen was getting smokey. I went to see what was burning, and low and behold, Dear Mr. Smith had turned on the wrong burner, and so had one of my brand new pans (the frying one) on high heat WITH NOTHING IN IT!

I was so mad I cried. He got mad at me. I spent the next 45 minutes trying to scrub the pan close to new looking again. And in a sick and twisted way, I really feel like I deserved the  pan being ruined. I have put so much effort to look not poor. I have tried different outfits, am decorating my home, and have always wanted "decent" things to put in my house. Matching dishes, new cooking utensils, pots and pans with lids that fit, not almost, but really fit. So in a way, I do deserve to be knocked down a peg, taken off of my self-created pedestal. Have any of you gone through a similar lesson?
Proverbs 31:30
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did I miss? Comment and let me know what you think!