Friday, March 19, 2010

Learning How to be Somebody Else Entirely

So I have been reading a lot more lately (we chose to cancle our cable service), and I have tried to choose benificial things to be reading. The articles are amazing, and hard to grasp, in a way. I have realized for quite some time now that my dear boy needs a little more guidance than he is getting. My house needs to be cleaner, I need to turn the tv on less (or not at all), and I need to be a better more involved manager of this complex. All these things are big, heavy things, and I was having a difficult time thinking of doing them all.

Well, a few blogs that I have stumbled across have guided me in the right direction, I believe. Basically, I have read and heard, "get off your lazy butt and DO something!". Of course, my husband has said the same thing, but why would I listen to him? It's not like I have to submit to him or anything, right? Lol, just kidding. But seriously. So I have decided to get off my lazy butt and do something for a change. Like, make my kid regular meals. and clean the house, irregardless of WHO'S urine sprayed all over the toilet, or who left the dishes to rot in the sink.

The other day, my husband got upset because I asked him to wash his blanket. "That's not my resposibility!" he whined. Okay, maybe he didn't whine, but those WERE his words. And, of course, I got mad at him and drug out the long list of things that I do that I don't think are my responsibility, or at least not alone. He washed his blanket, I think. But he was upset. I took something minor and turned it on him to where he perhaps felt like I don't notice anything he does for us. He does work outside the home, after all. While he is out painting apartments, or pulling up carpet, I so often am sitting at home, doing my very best to ignore my son, on the computer. No wonder he thinks I should keep the house up. All he ever sees me do is exercise my fingers.

I do want to be fair to myself and say, honestly, that I am the only one who ever thinks to clean anything but the kitchen and livingroom. Which means the bathrooms. Our roommate refuses to help, because he feels like he couldn't POSSIBLY splash urine on the toilet or shed skin in the bathtub. But that;s another post entirely. And I don't want to start attacking people, which is where I think I'm going.



Proverbs 31:30
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did I miss? Comment and let me know what you think!